Old 25-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Diane M.

Default Trade lists

I see your point Ron- I'm on a high speed access and I forgot what it was
like to wait for messages- I would have forgotten what I was waiting for and
walked off. So photos would be frowned on, but a simple list shouldn't be a
problem.
"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Ray wrote:

Posting it there and announcing it here (with the appropriate URL) would
probably help.

Or...you could ask for requests for an emailed copy.

It has come up numerous times in the past. The consensus at the
time seemed to be that it was encouraged for you to post a message
saying you have a trade list, and invite interested parties to ask for
an e-mailed copy. That is how I've done it in years gone by, and it
works pretty well. Speaking of that, I should really make a list...

*grin*

Personally, I don't mind the occasional posting of a trade list to
the group. My connection is fast enough that it doesn't slow me down,
and I can always skip over it. For most people, a short list in text
format shouldn't be a problem. Adding pictures is not good. What I
think we all agreed on was that this group shouldn't be a forum for
commercial activity. So a very occasional list from a hobby grower is
OK, but not a continuous posting stream from a vendor.

Rob (making a list, and checking it twice)

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit