Old 24-09-2003, 07:02 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Trade lists

I was wondering if it would be alright for me to post my current orchid/Hoya
trade list here?

Mariana

Old 24-09-2003, 08:03 PM
nanook

You probably should post it at: http://www.orchidmall.com
You would reach more people there. I don't know what the edicate for
this group is, but I personally don't have a problem with you posting
it here.

Old 24-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Ray

Posting it there and announcing it here (with the appropriate URL) would
probably help.

Or...you could ask for requests for an emailed copy.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
news

Old 25-09-2003, 01:45 AM
mg

I don't know why not post it here. Anyone that isn't interested can
always ignore it same as they can ignore a posting that contains a link
to a URL with the list. That's a lot better than posting email
addresses to send the list to, in exchange for robotic harvested email
address spam hell.

GrlIntrpted wrote:
LOL you evil womyn you!

-M

"Wendy" wrote in message

Only if you send it to me first!!!! *G* Cheers Wendy
et...

Old 25-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Diane M.

I don't mind a trade list, Its a not a sale, but a exchange. We exchange
info and photos here all the time, why not the plants & supplies. I don't
think there are that many of us that it would get out of hand, and you can
skip the thread if you wish.
Diane
"mg" wrote in message ...
I don't know why not post it here. Anyone that isn't interested can
always ignore it same as they can ignore a posting that contains a link
to a URL with the list. That's a lot better than posting email
addresses to send the list to, in exchange for robotic harvested email
address spam hell.

GrlIntrpted wrote:
LOL you evil womyn you!

-M

Old 25-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Rob Halgren

Ray wrote:

Posting it there and announcing it here (with the appropriate URL) would
probably help.

Or...you could ask for requests for an emailed copy.

It has come up numerous times in the past. The consensus at the
time seemed to be that it was encouraged for you to post a message
saying you have a trade list, and invite interested parties to ask for
an e-mailed copy. That is how I've done it in years gone by, and it
works pretty well. Speaking of that, I should really make a list... *grin*

Personally, I don't mind the occasional posting of a trade list to
the group. My connection is fast enough that it doesn't slow me down,
and I can always skip over it. For most people, a short list in text
format shouldn't be a problem. Adding pictures is not good. What I
think we all agreed on was that this group shouldn't be a forum for
commercial activity. So a very occasional list from a hobby grower is
OK, but not a continuous posting stream from a vendor.

Rob (making a list, and checking it twice)

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Old 25-09-2003, 04:12 PM
K Barrett

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
[...]

Except that's what you'll get: a continuous posting stream from a vendor or
hobbyist. Then we'll all have to yell and scream for it to stop, and
there'll be recriminations on both sides, flames will start left and right
and this place will become a warzone.

So don't do it.

If you have a trade list ask people to contact you off list.

Or ask Kye to start a trade list news group.

K Barrett

Old 25-09-2003, 06:02 PM
House of Paisley

A trade list group would never survive. I highly doubt it would
get enough traffic for most ISP's to carry the group. What might
work is maybe a yahoo group, and then if someone had the
time or whatever, they could post to the group maybe once a
month, and have people join if they were interested in trading.
The people I have traded with in the past just send me lists
from time to time when they have stuff available. Sadly I have
been lagging in getting my own trade list together.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm

Old 25-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Diane M.

I see your point Ron- I'm on a high speed access and I forgot what it was
like to wait for messages- I would have forgotten what I was waiting for and
walked off. So photos would be frowned on, but a simple list shouldn't be a
problem.
Ray wrote:

[...]

Snapper HZT21480BV For Trade or Trade [email protected] Lawns 1 28-05-2006 11:52 AM
Snapper HZT21480BV For Trade or Trade [email protected] Gardening 0 27-05-2006 10:27 PM
RP: Mail order merchants? And possible lily trade trade. Gary Woods Ponds 0 13-03-2005 09:41 PM
Garden Type E lists Starlord Gardening 0 30-01-2004 05:13 PM
Garden Type E lists Starlord Gardening 0 30-01-2004 04:51 PM