Old 26-09-2003, 02:02 PM
William D.

Default Craftsman push mower question

I do have a mulching blade. I will try a conventional blade and see if it
helps. Thanks
William

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
"Die Spammer !!!" wrote in message

Is the blade sharp?

"William D." wrote:

I have a 21 inch, 6.0 hp Craftsman (Crapsman?) push lawn mower. My

lawn is
primarily blue grass with some rye. When I cut the fine bladed grass

on the
middle height setting, the mower doesn't cut very evenly. It seems to

just
push the grass over. BTW - if I lower the deck it does a better job,

but I
don't like to cut my grass that short. Does this mower have a

defective
design? Any suggestions are appreciated.
William

Is it a conventional blade or a mulching blade? The worst cuts I've
seen have been from a conventional design mower outfitted with one of
the add-on mulching blades. This tends to give a rough cut,
especially in thin grass areas.

A true mulching mower gives a much better result, thats what I use,
but even they tend to have some problems in thinner areas, where they
tend to push the grass over.