Old 26-09-2003, 10:07 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Kumara Lantana.

Misipro writes
Kumara Lantana is a beautiful hedgerow plant which is common in

Australasia. I live in the UK and have been searching for a source of seeds
for this plant in order to establish it in my garden. It's phenomenally
attractive to butterflies and has the appearance of a sort of umbellifer but
with honeysuckle-like flowers on the heads. I would be grateful for clue as
to how to obtain seed for this. Seedsmen in Australia say it's outside of
the "gardening" remit because of it's hedgerow origins. In other words they
don't carry seed for it. It's a cracking plant though and I want some.

Can anyone advise, please?
Thank you

Mpro.

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef

If this is the same as Lantana camara, then you can find some references
via Google.

URL:http://www.google.com/search?num=100...-8859-1&as_qdr
=all&q=Lantana+camara+seed?

T&M appear to be among the companies that carry it.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

+ + +
There are some 150 species of Lantana.

The reason why seed of Lantana camara is not available in Australia would
appear to be its reputation as the worst alien invader on the continent, and
the Aussie desperation in trying to get rid of it. It may be illegal to sell
such seeds?

PvR