Old 26-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Need Vertical Gardening Ideas (was: Stake or no stake tomato)

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:57:38 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

Thanks for the idea. This would only work for us in a place where we
could leave them in the ground over the winter and I am not sure we have
any place we can do that.

Yes, it's (fairly) permanent.

But it sounds nice and sturdy. Is the
netting vertical or do you tent it?

Vertical.

And if the former, do you just let
it hang or fasten it down some way?

I fastened it to the ground with ground staples about 6'
apart (roughly - didn't measure) - I forgot to mention that
in my prior post.

I just purchased some of those so it is nice to know that they work well.

I don't know that this is the *best* solution, but it's one
we could manage to do. So that's good.

Thanks again for all your great ideas.

Phae