Old 28-09-2003, 05:11 AM
Steve Ravet

Default groundcover recommendation?

I'm looking for a groundcover for the grassy (weedy) strip between the
street and sidewalk. I want to fill the whole thing, 4 ft x 50 ft.
It's in the sun all day, and doesn't get any water besides the rain.
Asian Jasmine is nearly perfect: It's evergreen, fills in well, doesn't
need much edging, and doesn't need watering. It's downsides are that it
grows a little too high, resulting in a vertical brown edge where it's
trimmed, and you see it everywhere. I'd like something not so common,
and some blooming color would be nice. I've seen recommendations for
these:

Vinca Major
Frog Fruit
Snake Herb

Can someone comment on their habit as compared to asian jasmine, or
suggest something else with similar qualities?

thanks,
--steve