Old 28-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Frogleg

Default Isabel

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:18:26 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Bizzycat wrote

Hi there everybody - I have not been paying attention much of late to the
Newsgroup - very busy indeed - however we are watching SKY who are

covering
Isobel live - very good luck to you all - we are thinking of you -
love from Johannesburg

Isabel has finally passed.

Damage from high winds, heavy rain and flooding has been considerable but
fortunately there has been minimal loss of life.

Considering what the eastern US has endured in recent years, Isabel wasn't
anything that we couldn't handle.

Speak for yourself, Cereoid. I just got (suburban) power back after 9+
days in the dark. A 50' black walnut is lying on the roof in back, and
several more down. The city (Hampton, VA) picturesquely estimates the
debris to be hauled away is enough to fill 55 football fields 9' deep.
Cost estimates for the Tidewater area are already over $1B. Not as bad
as Andrew in FL, but not exactly a picnic.