Old 28-09-2003, 01:32 PM
brianflay

Default Help with a wierd succulent plant "African" sanseveria

Your succulent is most probably Sansevieria trifasciata commonly known as
'mother-in-laws tongue'. Originating in West Africa and is of the Agavaceae.
They require a minimum temperature of 50F and very little water. From
Spring to Autumn let it dry out totally before watering. Will be quite happy
indoors in a semi-shaded position. Very weak liquid manure at monthly
intervals during summer months is all that is needed to maintain health and
the normal slow growth. Do not re-pot unless very necessary.
Best Wishes. B[UK]
"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
I got this at a garage sale today. The tag says African Sanseveria. I

have
done a google search but I can't find it anywhere. It's a beautiful plant,
several thick spikes about 2inches in diameter and tapering to a point.

The
highest spike is about 3 feet tall and the spikes are ridged. I really

need
to know how to take care of it since it will be inside. The guy I bought

it
from said it was in the Mother-in-law family

As usual any help is appreciated

Shell