Old 28-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Ann

Default ATTN MADGARDENER! my most sincere apologies

peri expounded:

Outlook is fine for email, so long as you have the patches & etc in
place. For newsgroups, why don't you try FreeAgent? The price is
right if you can put up with the ads, and it seems to be a much better
newsreader that OE. Agent also does email, but I don't know how well
since I have'nt tried it.

For your convenience, http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

I'm just skimming through rec.gardens for the first time in weeks, and
I stumble on this. I can't believe that anyone blames Marilyn for the
virus messages, anyone with half a brain can read web pages galore
about the latest Swen virus, which is News spelled backwards, and
realize that all of our addresses are being harvested by a spambot and
bogus messages are generated.

I've had thousands of them, too, and received Mad's e-mail.....and
someone got mad about it? What is wrong with people?

Marilyn, you know, honey, I love you and would never get mad at you
for sending me anything. People have way too much time on their hands
and are very mean to think that you'd spew these viruses at anyone.

I use Mailwasher Pro but I let the messages come through so I can
forward them to my ISP, who is trying to block them on their server
end.

As for newsreaders, that's the only fault I can lay at your fee, Mad.
Please, get Free Agent and stop using Outhouse Express! Or pay the
measly $29 for Agent. A plain text newsreader can be set to not
execute any code, I don't run any antivirus software, but then again,
I don't open anything I don't recognize, and I know .exe, .scr, .com,
..bat, etc are all viri-laden attachments. Get Free Agent and read
news without the threat.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA