Old 28-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Coal Porter

Default Long Island - Dahlias

On 28 Sep 2003 13:28:35 GMT, (HA HA Budys Here) wrote:

From:
arden (NAearthMOM)

Dig them up!

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

OK will do. Any tips on storing them?

I have a friend across the sound from you in Fairfield, that leaves them in the
ground in the southern exposure beds near the foundation. I'm always amazed to
see them come up the next year, although I can't say how many do. I live a few
more miles inland and dig them up although some stragglers have wintered over
and produced the next year.

As to storage, I keep them in a dark corner of my unheated basement and have
only lost the occassional tuber to rot. My understanding is that a heated
basement is not a good thing.

-c,porter.