Old 28-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Rose

Default Help identifying a plant

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message =

Your plant sounds like a Cornus commonly known as Dogwood.

=20
Dogwood has black berries and the stems aren't (very) red. Otherwise,
spot-on. G

Ah, but found out now it's common name is 'Red-barked dogwood', thanks =
to Martin for providing its full title. Bit taken aback by its HxS =
300cm x 300cm, l can't imagine myself buying something this large but =
are these dimensions if it's not cut back each year?

(Same family)
=20
I can visualise the shrub: the year-old stems are wine-red. My mother
had one - up the garden path.

Bring back memories m'dear? =
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...es/3787.shtml=

Mine has a lot more cream in the leaves, can plants loose their =
variagatedness so to speak, as they age?

gravelly voice
=20
Have some Madeira, m'dear...
=20