Old 28-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Kay Easton

Default Budget Chainsaw recommendations

In article , Eric the Red
writes
I am in the process of cutting down a number of Leyllandi. So far I have
been going up a ladder and thinning out the trees by cutting down branches
using a bow saw and a lopper. So far this has worked well and I am happy to
continue this process to fell the trees.

My problem is my mother has decided she would like the firewood. I do not
fancy and do not really have the time to cut up all the branches and trunks
to lengths of 10" using a bow saw. There are 20+ trunks of over 40 foot with
a max thinkness of about 12". Also several hundred branches.

My thoughts where to buy a 14" electric chain saw to cut up the trees once
felled. I have seen DIY superstore own brand chainsaws for around £60, a
McCulloch for £80 and a Bosch for £100. Considering the time it would save
me I think it woth the money.

There must be cheaper ways of buying firewood!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: