Old 29-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Gary Mattingly

Default How do I use/store my red chilis?

In our last fun filled episode, Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:52:45 -0500,
Kevin Miller proclaimed:

TIA

Although I normally dry them in the oven and then grind them
up to create a really tasty powder I can use in or on many things,
I've tried and probably will try again the method I guess they
use in New Mexico a lot, roast them (various methods
to do this) until the skin blisters, peel off the skin and then freeze
the remaining skinned pepper. I guess they use it in everything.
This methodology can be found on many web pages.
Here's the first two I found:

http://www.ochef.com/101.htm
http://alibi.com/alibi/1999-09-09/feat.html

Gary