Old 29-09-2003, 05:22 AM
B & J

Default Pelargoniums and frost

"rosemarie face" wrote in message
Hi everyone ! My Pelargoniums are still in full bloom here in zone 5. I
have them in windowboxes on the deck (17 boxes). My question is: The
temps around here might go down in the low 30ies next week .... Can the
plants take a couple of nights of light frost? Or do I already have to
take them to the basement for the winter ?
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Cover them in zone 5 to keep them from freezing until at least the middle of
October or later. You should get quite a few frost free days with warm
spells until then. It's still a bit early to put them in the basement and
expect them to survive until next spring.

John