Old 29-09-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Combatting Japanese Stilt grass

The Ornamec that was mentioned earlier really does work. I have had
about a 99% kill rate in my yard. Some areas I sprayed twice at a week
or two interval. Sometimes the underlying plants or leaves did not get
hit but the second spray got them. I did not buy the brand name but
the generic version. I paid around 17 bucks for 30 ounces which made
only 3 gallons, but that got me 3 sprayings. In fact I used some on my
neighbors patch of it and some clumps back in the town owned flood
plain. I hope to use the preemergent next year to see if I can prevent
germination. Problem with that is one has to cover a larger area. If
you let it germinate then you only have top cover where it comes up.

I also experimented with crabgrass killer on it, but I think it took out
some moss that I wanted to grow.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.