Old 29-09-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Combatting Japanese Stilt grass

The Ornamec that was mentioned earlier really does work. I have had
about a 99% kill rate in my yard. Some areas I sprayed twice at a week
or two interval. Sometimes the underlying plants or leaves did not get
hit but the second spray got them. I did not buy the brand name but
the generic version. I paid around 17 bucks for 30 ounces which made
only 3 gallons, but that got me 3 sprayings. In fact I used some on my
neighbors patch of it and some clumps back in the town owned flood
plain. I hope to use the preemergent next year to see if I can prevent
germination. Problem with that is one has to cover a larger area. If
you let it germinate then you only have top cover where it comes up.

I also experimented with crabgrass killer on it, but I think it took out
some moss that I wanted to grow.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.
Old 29-09-2003, 06:12 PM
LAL

Greetings...

Where did you buy it from?

LAL
. ..

Old 29-09-2003, 10:12 PM

In article , LAL wrote:
Greetings...

Where did you buy it from?

LAL

I found this at ACE Hardware. Any garden center should have such a
product. It is a grass killer that you can spray on most shrubs and not
harm them. It does not affect fescue either only joint type grasses is
seems.

. ..

Old 30-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Marcy Hege

FWIW, the Ornamec sold at John Deere is about $23.50 per pint and makes a
little more than 6 gallons of spray. You have to mix in the surfacant (which is
packed with the herbicide.) Seems that is a bit less expensive than the generic
brand but I've only been able to find it at John Deere Landscaping off
Westinghouse and the Apex location on 64 West. It does work.

Marcy