Old 29-09-2003, 10:12 PM

Default Possible Frost Tonight

Possible frost here (northern PA) tonight. The weather
forecast is for high 30s, but that's 55 miles away and at
least 1000 feet lower than we are.

We picked: 6 cukes, 3 small pattypan squash, 1 large
zucchini, a lot of chard (frost won't hurt it, but it just
needed to be picked), tomatoes, and a lot of green beans,
and masses of sage, curly parsley, and flat-leaf (Italian)
parsley.

I brought the rosemary plant in for the winter.

I've been blanching and freezing most of the afternoon. The
herbs will be wait in the fridge until morning, and then
I'll get them into the dehydrator for drying.

Growing in the garden and won't mind frost: chard, Chinese
cabbage, kale, lettuce. That's all I got planted for a fall
garden, we thought we were moving and I didn't have the
heart to plant more at the time.

I have more chard, more lettuce, some Vitaminna (Asian
green) and baby bok choy coming along in little 6-cell
packs, they can get transplanted out to the garden whenever
I have time. I don't know if they'll have time to produce a
crop before real hard cold sets in - they probably will.

If we do have frost, I'll miss the tomatoes!

Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/