Old 30-09-2003, 05:42 PM
clc

Default Using Fluorescent Bulbs

OK, my question is, where do you find warm bulbs??? All I see in my area is
cool bulbs.

Cheryl
"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
This has been my experience too. I've bloomed seedlings of several genera
less than a year out of flask under standard cool white tubes. Recently,

added one warm white per shelf (I have 4 - 2 bulb fixtures for a total of

8
4 foot bulbs per shelf).

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:47:47 -0400, Flash wrote:

I just bought a Hydro Farm orchid cart (used).

I think the bulbs are no good (maybe ballasts, too!).

What kind of bulbs do orchids need to supplement natural light

indoors?

Used to live in a sunny house, great windows for orchids.

Moved to a house in the woods. Dim every day of the year. The orchids
hate it!

Thanks,

D Flash
Durham, NC

Regular flourescent bulbs are all you need, no need to waste your money

on
the so called "special" bulbs. For a 2 bulb fixture get one warm and one
cool. Replace once a year as the end get dark over time and the light
level drops a bit at the ends.