Old 30-09-2003, 07:22 PM
R. McGeddon

Default Apple pips and honesty

The message
from emon (Rhiannon S) contains these words:

Hi, I just wanted to ask if the best way to get apple pips to
germinate is to
bung them in a pot with some soil and leave them out over winter?

Also, is that the best way with honesty seeds too?

Just try to stop honesty seeds germinating wherever you put them.

I planted half a dozen apple pips im seed compost a couple of months ago
and two germinated.

Whether they will develop true (Many apples require a fertilising tree
of another variety) to the apple they came from is another matter.

It doesn't matter, as I shall bud onto a family tree and if the fruit
doesn't turn out to be worthwhile, I'll bud something else on the spur.

--
Grim Reaper Oh thou! Whatever title suit thee,
Auld Hornie, Satan, Nick, or Clootie. (Burns)