Old 30-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Apple pips and honesty

The message
from emon (Rhiannon S) contains these words:

Is it for planting now?

I'd quite like to get it in for next year, so I guess you plant them now.

They are biennial, so you'll get the flowers and (drumskin) seedcases in
2005 - unless they really get established and we have a long Indian
summer.

Any more info/tips?

Please, they'll have to grow in pots as I'm garden deficient right now and
reduced to a balcony.

They should be quite happy. I'd plant some lobelias and white alyssum
with them in the spring to get some sort of a show for next year.

As for the apple seeds, they came out an apple I was eating last week
and have
been sitting on my window sill ever since. It was a russet I think.

May not grow into a tree which bears even similar fruit. If you want a
russet tree, I'd buy one ready-made.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk