Old 01-10-2003, 12:56 AM
House of Paisley

Default Question- White Oak Orchids

Thank you Eric! I didn't really realize that until they gave me
directions. It is a little inconvenient for me because I have to
be back in Redwood City, then go back up to San Francisco,
but I've already gotten excited to go. Besides... they are one
of the few places who is selling Christensonia vietnamica
which through a tragedy of errors failed on me.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Crystal,

White Oak is actually located in the city of San Francisco, near City
College. Their business office is in Redwood City.

They have extensive greenhouses filled with lots of interesting things.
Scott Dallas, the owner, is into really interesting and off the beaten

path
type species and some hybrids.

If you look on my site:

http://www.erichunt.com/orchids/SPECIES/ab.html

There are lots of orchids from White Oak in my photography database of
species. Not everything I've photographed is actually for sale, but there
are just as many cool things that ARE for sale that I've not photographed.
White Oak devotes a majority of their greenhouse space to orchid boarding,
so I've photographed a lot of plants that are being boarded.

Give them a call and set up an appointment to visit their houses and

you'll
have fun! Don't make an unannounced visit - they might not answer the

door.

-Eric in SF

"House of Paisley" wrote in message
I need to kill some time next week in the Redwood
City area, and am making (hopefully) an appointment to
visit the greenhouses White Oak. Has anyone been