Old 27-09-2003, 01:23 AM
House of Paisley

Default Question- White Oak Orchids

I need to kill some time next week in the Redwood
City area, and am making (hopefully) an appointment to
visit the greenhouses White Oak. Has anyone been
there? I would like to gear my husband up on how
much lighter his wallet will be when I am done.
Normally I am not that kind of wife, but being the
widow of a video game programmer after this project,
makes me very deserving. I have looked at the
website many a' time, but I guess I'm kind of wondering
how big they really are, and if they carry more than
what is listed on the site. Or anything else that might
be a topic of interest.

Thanks!

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm

Old 29-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Eric Hunt

Crystal,

White Oak is actually located in the city of San Francisco, near City
College. Their business office is in Redwood City.

They have extensive greenhouses filled with lots of interesting things.
Scott Dallas, the owner, is into really interesting and off the beaten path
type species and some hybrids.

If you look on my site:

http://www.erichunt.com/orchids/SPECIES/ab.html

There are lots of orchids from White Oak in my photography database of
species. Not everything I've photographed is actually for sale, but there
are just as many cool things that ARE for sale that I've not photographed.
White Oak devotes a majority of their greenhouse space to orchid boarding,
so I've photographed a lot of plants that are being boarded.

Give them a call and set up an appointment to visit their houses and you'll
have fun! Don't make an unannounced visit - they might not answer the door.

-Eric in SF

Old 01-10-2003, 12:53 AM
House of Paisley

Thank you Eric! I didn't really realize that until they gave me
directions. It is a little inconvenient for me because I have to
be back in Redwood City, then go back up to San Francisco,
but I've already gotten excited to go. Besides... they are one
of the few places who is selling Christensonia vietnamica
which through a tragedy of errors failed on me.

Crystal

Old 01-10-2003, 12:56 AM
House of Paisley

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
[...]

Coming soon - White Oak Orchids John Varigos Orchid Photos 1 06-01-2007 10:30 PM
wasps on white oak? mo Lawns 1 12-08-2006 09:33 AM
Orchids - The fabulous world of Orchids report Kelly Orchids 2 31-08-2004 03:02 PM
growing orchids outside = burned orchids? Lil Orchids 5 18-07-2003 04:52 PM
live oak has a lot of white patches James Texas 1 08-04-2003 06:20 PM