Old 30-01-2003, 02:49 AM
elfa

Default Picked up 11 roses today

The bloom is 1 1/2 inches across.

My rose book makes no mention of how large/small in inches,
minature blooms should be....so I just assume it is
a minature.

elfa

In article aHlwYXRpYQ==.8ef028217b4e75930a548ccf1d841740@104 3891092.cotse.net,
"Shiva" says...

elfa wrote:

Shiva....
Actually...one had a small flower.
Link to photo below. It's pretty but I have no
idea of the variety.

Really, really pretty, Elfa. You say it might be a miniature? Its coloring
reminds me of the Floribunda Nicole--one of the few scentless roses I grow
and love.

http://web.newsguy.com/paperbag/Images/Mystery.JPG

Any ideas?

elfa

In article

aHlwYXRpYQ==.3904583c05b1acf0838aae61395803ba@10 43854634.cotse.net,
"Shiva" says...

elfa wrote:

The property manager for a rental in my neighborhood is
having all the roses dug up and removed. She told me I
could have any that I wanted.

Yippee for you! Be sure to invite her over and show her how gorgeous

they
are this summer.

Unfortunately, they had been pruned and had
no flowers to indicate variety or color. They seem to be
minatures as they have small leaves.

Should be in for some surprises this spring.

I hope you will post some photos of the blooms so that people here

might
help you identify them. That's fun, I think. If you don't have a place

post photos, you can email them to me and I will post them for you.

elfa