Old 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM
David Hare-Scott

Default No Bloom on my Bottlebrush

"Paul Welch" wrote in message
Since putting in my Bottlebrush last April I've had it break out a
couple of times with some sparse blooms. But the sign that came with

it
said year-around-bloomer. Am I doing something wrong?

It is getting full sun (10 hours a day).
I fertilize every 2 weeks with Peter's or MiracleGro.
I have heavy bottom growth which I am considering cutting back.
It gets more than enough water from my sprinklers and the guy next
doors. (Too much?)
I'm about 10 houses east of the ocean. (Too much salt?)

Please feel free to give me any advice on how to make this tree bloom.

Thanks
Paul

It would help if you found the sign and gave us the exact species, I
assume you have a species of callistemon but not necessarily as there
are other trees/shrubs with a bottle brush type of flower. Also saying
where you are and the type of soil would help. I doubt that it needs to
be fed every two weeks.

David