Old 02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Shiva

Default Fall! Yippee!

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:43:02 GMT, Charles Perry
wrote:

Enjoy it some for me. Frost two nights in a row and a very hard freeze
last night has pretty much ended gardening here except for late planting
some tulips and potted roses.

Aww, poor thing. Where are you? Did you get any sort of transition
from summer to winter this year?

I will be pulling up the dead annuals and
looking for tomatoes that might be salvaged.

I still have dead bare root roses to dig out Not a red letter year for
me, rose wise, I'm afraid.

It is a nice blue sky I
see out the window as I sit here trying to work up the courage to go out
in the cold and add my old annual blooming friends to the compost pile.

I look forward to cold weather since we have so much 80F+ weather
here. I have come to hate the heat. But I do live for spring and fall.
There is one thing I envy some of the west coast folks for--and one
thing only--and that is their temps.

Charles Perry