Old 02-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Phrederik

Default Breakup thatch now? Cut grass short?

Hey all!

Just going to give my lawn the once over before winter sets in. Since I
really don't know much I thought I'd ask here...

Most of my lawn is a decent hieght, but there are a few patches that are
really too tall (6"+). I'm going to mow it down but was wondering if I
should shorten the whole lawn. I always mulch the grass.

I'm going to put down a winter fertilizer. Should I break up the thatch in
the lawn first, or is this important to protect the roots over the winter?

Thanks!