Old 02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Vioxel

Default AUSTIN WINS !!!! Wal-Mart Backs Down!!!

"EL_FLOJO" wrote in message
VICTORY!!!

AUSTIN MAYOR WILL WYNN ANNOUNCES THAT WAL-MART AND ENDEAVOR ARE

WITHDRAWING
THEIR DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR ! EDWARDS AQUIFER SITE AT MOPAC AND

SLAUGHTER!!

Superb. Now how do we get rid of the existing one(s)?

Some ideas:

Get people to use the parking lot semi-permanently, so that paying customers
can't park.

Organize shop-ins of enough folks to max out occupancy. No one buys
anything, and call the fire marshal if they try to pack in paying folks.

Get local business owners to target new job offers to underpaid Wal-Mart
employees.

Organize return-a-thons for huge volumes of inventory. Returns and restocks
are EXPENSIVE! So, if 200-300 people buy $X worth of stuff and return it,
say 3-4 times per week, profits will dip.

I know these are a bit more aggressive than your typical picket line, but
they also hit where it hurts... the cash drawer.

Any other ideas?