Old 02-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Steveo

Default Breakup thatch now? Cut grass short?

"Phrederik" wrote:
Hey all!

Just going to give my lawn the once over before winter sets in. Since I
really don't know much I thought I'd ask here...

Most of my lawn is a decent hieght, but there are a few patches that are
really too tall (6"+). I'm going to mow it down but was wondering if I
should shorten the whole lawn. I always mulch the grass.

I'm going to put down a winter fertilizer. Should I break up the thatch
in the lawn first, or is this important to protect the roots over the
winter?

Thanks!

Just cut it, and doooon't let it get that tall next time.