Old 03-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Gareee©

Default Waterfall, None performing!

I was wondering what happened when you mentioned this a few weeks ago. We
have a "waterfall" that was out in front of our house (actually it's a
runoff for the mountain, and a overflow for a water tower)

a large amount of the water goes behind the rocks our contractor put down
(WAY too large for me to even THINK of moving by myself) and a few people
here mentioned trying the foam to fill in the gaps. I asked if would work on
something this scale, and got no replies.

When it's working as we thought it would it's GREAT! a few hundred gallons a
hour going about 15-18 feet down right outside out front door. When it's not
going right, most of it flows behind, and comes out about 80% down the
rockfall.. disappointing.

Only thing I can think of now is moving what rock I can, and filling the
gaps with quickrete, and then replacing the rocks on top of that.

Long term erosion is a consideration, but the waterfall only really runs
when we get a heavy storm, or the water tower overflows (never seen that
yet), so it might not even really be a factor.

Oh, and pumping that volume of water up there on a regular basis to make it
work isn't even a consideration!

I wish ya luck, hon!

"pixi" wrote in message
My pond is finished, almost. The waterfall is beautiful when it is doing
what it's supposed to do. But....

The water went down the falls a foot or two and then went behind it. The
landscaper, instead of rebuilding the falls, put a bunch of foam around

and
said that would take care of the problem. And it did.

For two days!! Now the foam is shrinking back from the rock and the water
is going behind again. Can anyone think of a cure other than concrete.

And
if I have to use concrete, how can I color it so that it doesn't look like
concrete.

I could cry!!

It is such a purty waterfall when the water is going where it should.

Pixi