Old 03-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Matt & Trai Rathsack

Default Plant identification, wild

"Charles" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 00:00:54 -0400, "Matt & Trai Rathsack"
wrote:

hi all,

I live in Maryland, Z7. My husband and I saw a shrub, wild, in our back
yard that is lovely. We collected some seeds and then started seeing them
everyhwere. I do not have a digital camera so I can only describe them

the best of my ability.

They are yellow with orange flecks, shaped a bit like standard orchids

bred
with pitcher plants at a minute size. They are approximately .5" in

length
and have a tail. The shrub grows in great round clumps, about 4 feet

high
and 4 feet in width. The most interesting thing about them is that the
fruit they produce is about .5" in lenght adn are colored a bit ike a
watermelon without the light yellow, and they "explode" when touched.

The
pod is striated, and the individual parts peel back like a banana but

curl
under. The seeds are small and brown.

They grow wild in the northern/central part of maryland.

Anyone have a clue as to what they are?

Thanks in advance,
Trai

http://www.botany.com/impatiens.html

sound like these?

--

- Charles
-

THOSE ARE THE ONES! Thanks!! We love them, but I think they are weeds. or
weedy...at any rate they are very pretty aren't they?

trai