Old 04-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Gareee©

Default Waterfall, None performing!

"pixi" wrote in message
You may be right. I'll have to try that. I am hoping the landscaper will
show next week and take care of it. If not, I'll try it myself.

Just so you know, we went through MANY difficulties with our
grader/landscaper for our new home. A few times we almost completely
cancelled our work with him, and we were going to wait a extra month or so
before getting into our new home.

During the WORST (Read: me crying at our picnic table that was set up here,
because at onepoint they thought our grader had disrupted a natural running
water source, a violation of the Corp of Engineers, and fineable for more
then $80,000!!), our city planners came out looked at things, and
straightened them out for us. During that conversation with them, the city
planner looked at me, and told me EVERY grader/landscaper has these
problems.. it's because they balance the work they CAN get, and the work
that they CAN do, based on weather conditions. He said he'd seen some yards
not completed for over a year, and some jobs where the land had to be
covered and literally unused. One backyard setup he had seen the landscaper
had actually bulldozed too far down, and a year later, the people's house
was literally starting to slide down the side of the mountain they were on!

The quote he told me that really stuck with us though was," If he's a not a
landscaper, he's not a liar."

We're still dealing with some issues here, but for the most part, everything
is as we wanted, and we'd REALLY rather not even mess with them anymore.

There's always next spring to plan new things....

--
Gareee©
Homepage: