Old 05-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Matt & Trai Rathsack

Default Plant identification, wild

(snip of increasingly long previous post...)

Hm, well, I'll have to note that in my garden book. I have them growing
wild in the back, next to the park our property runs adjacent to.
interesting. What is the chemicla in the leaf that breaks down the

poisons?

trai

Honestly don't know, probably have read it but never really payed
attention - I may just google it though. There is lots on the net about

it.
Apparently work good on insect bites as well - wasps, bees, other 'hurting
kind'. But just about any crushed plant will do as well. I'm guessing some
kind of flavenoid..

Well, maybe I'll email a botonist on that one. Very interesting. I might
just have to go out and get stung to find out if it works...hopefully I
won't develop a deadly allergy suddenly to bees....but it would be
interesting to find out if different plants do indeed stop the sting. Do
the crushed leaves need to be wetted with anything?

trai