Old 05-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Arthur

Default grass for lawn bowls

"Dave Atkinson" wrote in message
I hope someone can give some helpful advice on this :-)

I am buying a house (hope to be moved in before December) with a
hopelessly overgrown garden some distance from it. We are toying with
the idea of laying it to lawn to use as a bowling green.

Does anyone have any advice on the best method, whether to seed or buy
sods, or whatever? If possible, we'd like to be playing on it some time
next summer.

Either method, if done properly, will produce a good lawn in time. But to
get it perfectly flat will take a great deal of preparation before you start
to lay seed or turf.
Then it will take several seasons of care and rolling. You have no chance
of getting a lawn suitable for playing bowls by next summer.

- Arthur