Old 05-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Shiva

Default Fall! Yippee!

On 02 Oct 2003 15:37:51 GMT, (Unique Too) wrote:

What passes for fall is here also. That means highs in the low to mid 80's,
nights cooling down to less than 75. It's nice, very nice. We've had the
windows open since Monday and the house feels good, lots of fresh air to get
rid of that stuffiness after being closed all summer.

I recall "autumn" in Central Florida. It was really nice, in a
different way. Same in Houston, TX. No real change in foliage, but a
definite change in the air. Relief from the heat!

[...]

There's lots of dieback on some of the larger roses.

I am a member of that club. This morning I removed over 20 dead canes
from my back garden alone. I got all the canker last time, these were
all dried brown canes.

[...]

Purple Buttons is putting out non-stop flowers. Since it was no more than a
rooted twig a few months ago, I am trying to keep the buds pinched off. But
it's a loosing battle, this one wants to bloom and bloom alot!

Julie, have you got a photo of this rose? It sounds wonderful. And is
it truly purple?