Old 05-10-2003, 07:22 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Hurricane Isabelle

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:24:25 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

Though I did not have any physical damage by the hurricane, snip
when the power came back on, I looked at the large pond to see about
vacuuming it out, and it was clean except for about 5 little leaves on the
sides and a few dead or well worn lily pads. Thank goodness for bottom
drains. snip

I couldn't agree more. When I got hit by a raccoon in '01 it pretty much
knocked every plant to the bottom, which made the pots drop sand and
accumulated muck. Come morning when I discovered this, the water was
already crystal clear, the muck sucked off to the pre-filter. Other than
using the vac for getting the heavier stuff, like the river rock, there
wasn't much else to worry about.... except installing a motion sprinkler so
Mr.Rac never came back, of course. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website