Old 05-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Plant identity needed

"Mick" wrote in message
Also as I travel up and down the A 1 , this last week the leaves on a
certain tree / shrub has caught my eye , in strong sunlight the crimson
colour of the leaves are stunning , they are not Sorbus or Ash that are
turning , they do appear to be part of a woodland mix , I did think they
might be a cornus but the bark is brown . the leaves are ovate and heavily
veined .

Corylus maxima purpurea? common name is a filbert - like a hazelnut. The
leaves look quite dark until the sun shines through them and then they look
bright red.
--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Newsgroups - remove x from address when replying )