Old 05-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Allen

Default Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7

I've got 5 fairly large boxwoods, 4 from nursery stock, one from a
construction site. The nursery ones are in 3 gal and 5 gal tree pots.
The one from construction site, i just put directly in the ground as
soon as i got it home. Now, in a sheltered area between houses with
lots of other cover growing around is where i think i want them to
spend the winter.
Question 1. I have access to an unheated greenhouse, but wouldn't
being in the ground be better ?
Question 2. Can i simply bury the pots with my bushes in them ?
Question 3. I've got some healthy boxwood cuttings going in pots.
Should I put these pots in the ground or in the greenhouse?
Question 4. I have several other collected local pre-sai and would
appreciate your advice on each. Greenhouse or Ground?
Privet
Althea
Japanese Maple
Yaupon Holly
Japanese Holly
Juniper - Nanas
Wardii Yew
Thanks in advance for allowing me to pick your brains guys !