Old 05-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Plant identity needed

"Mick" wrote in message
2 Questions .
My friend has a shrub he calls an American Lilac , it has Lilac type pale
blue flowers , but is different to the usual lilacs I am familiar with,

has
any one heard of this one.
Also as I travel up and down the A 1 , this last week the leaves on a
certain tree / shrub has caught my eye , in strong sunlight the crimson
colour of the leaves are stunning , they are not Sorbus or Ash that are
turning , they do appear to be part of a woodland mix , I did think they
might be a cornus but the bark is brown . the leaves are ovate and heavily
veined .

Cotinus coggigria (shrub) and copper beech can look quite red against the
sun.

Franz