Old 06-10-2003, 01:42 AM
HA HA Budys Here

Default OT help

From: "JNJ"
Date: 10/5/2003 8:17 PM Eastern Standard Time
Can anyone help?
My son works off shore in many different parts of the world, he is

planning
on getting a laptop and is wondering how he can get e mail without the

cost
of having to use a Mobile phone for the connection which would cost an arm
and a leg.
Does anyone know of a ISP provider that could be accessed from a variety

of
phone numbers around the world at one cost?

His actual words were...... "I need a subscription to an ISP that will

allow
me to be able to plug into a phone line in the Houston crew flat or the
Aberdeen crew flat or a crew flat in which ever other country I happen to

be
in and connect to a local number for my dial up connection. "
All ideas gratefully received

America Online, Compuserve, & MSN all fit the bill here with AOL/Compuserve
likely being the best bet.

James

Use AOL and set the service up to do "flashsession", which will automatically,
or when you decide, connect to the ISP, download all incoming email and usenet
posts (if you choose to) and also send any email written while offline and send
any usenet posts, then it disconnects.

No need to be connected to the internet unless you're literally surfing the
WWW.