Old 05-10-2003, 10:42 PM
David Hill

Default OT help

Can anyone help?
My son works off shore in many different parts of the world, he is planning
on getting a laptop and is wondering how he can get e mail without the cost
of having to use a Mobile phone for the connection which would cost an arm
and a leg.
Does anyone know of a ISP provider that could be accessed from a variety of
phone numbers around the world at one cost?

His actual words were...... "I need a subscription to an ISP that will allow
me to be able to plug into a phone line in the Houston crew flat or the
Aberdeen crew flat or a crew flat in which ever other country I happen to be
in and connect to a local number for my dial up connection. "
All ideas gratefully received

David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 05-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Privacy, please

"David Hill" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a ISP provider that could be accessed from a variety

of
phone numbers around the world at one cost?

AOL is, unfortunately, your best bet.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:22 AM
JNJ

[...]

America Online, Compuserve, & MSN all fit the bill here with AOL/Compuserve
likely being the best bet.

James

Old 06-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Jan Flora

In article , "David Hill"
wrote:

Can anyone help?
My son works off shore in many different parts of the world, he is planning
on getting a laptop and is wondering how he can get e mail without the cost
of having to use a Mobile phone for the connection which would cost an arm
and a leg.
Does anyone know of a ISP provider that could be accessed from a variety of
phone numbers around the world at one cost?

His actual words were...... "I need a subscription to an ISP that will allow
me to be able to plug into a phone line in the Houston crew flat or the
Aberdeen crew flat or a crew flat in which ever other country I happen to be
in and connect to a local number for my dial up connection. "
All ideas gratefully received

David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Hey David:

What's your son doing that they would fly him to oil platforms all over
the world? I know a lot of folks who work in the oil patch, but the only
one who fills his passport with stamps is a saturation (deep sea) diver.

I'm just curious (er, nosy).

Jan

Old 06-10-2003, 09:34 PM
David Hill

".....What's your son doing that they would fly him to oil platforms all
over the world?........."

Not just Oil rigs.... he's an Oceanographic surveyor

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 07-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Jan Flora

In article , "David Hill"
wrote:

".....What's your son doing that they would fly him to oil platforms all
over the world?........."

Not just Oil rigs.... he's an Oceanographic surveyor

Wow -- sounds like a fun job! Give him a tip 'o the hat from me,
when you talk to him. (I'm sure he already knows that Aberdeen
is hard to beat for a pub crawl, from what I gather from oil field
hands...)

Jan, a frustrated scientist
Old 09-10-2003, 06:12 PM
David Hill

May I say thank you to all who came up with so many different Ideas.
I have forwarded some on to him for him to make his decision, but I have
learned a lot.
Again Thanks

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM