Old 06-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Pam Moore

Default Westonbirt Maples

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:20:02 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Any first hand reports on the state of the Maples at Westonbirt
right now? I usually try to visit when they are at their best,
but.it has been such an odd season that it is hard to know
exactly what is happening.

We were there yesterday. The acers are turning. Some are red and
beautiful but some are still green. Other trees have not turned much,
though leaves are falling.
Beware if you go at weekend. When we saw the queues at 12 yesterday
we went away and had lunch elsewhere and went back about 3.
Go either early or late. Sould be plenty of colour for a few weeks
yet. At least it is dry under-foot!

Pam in Bristol