Old 06-10-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Westonbirt Maples

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
: On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:20:02 +0100, Chris J Dixon
: wrote:
:
: Any first hand reports on the state of the Maples at Westonbirt
: right now? I usually try to visit when they are at their best,
: but.it has been such an odd season that it is hard to know
: exactly what is happening.
:
: We were there yesterday. The acers are turning. Some are red and
: beautiful but some are still green. Other trees have not turned much,
: though leaves are falling.
: Beware if you go at weekend. When we saw the queues at 12 yesterday
: we went away and had lunch elsewhere and went back about 3.
: Go either early or late. Sould be plenty of colour for a few weeks
: yet. At least it is dry under-foot!
:
: Pam in Bristol

I've never been, but it's on my list. Is this the best time of year to
visit, apart from the crowds.