Old 06-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Pam Moore

Default Westonbirt Maples

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:36:07 +0100, "K" wrote:

Is this the best time of year to
visit, apart from the crowds.

Westonbirt gets its biggest crowds around now but any time is nice,
especially when less crowded. There are 2 parts; the actual arboretum
and the "Silk Wood" which is more informal and where you can take dogs
and walk for miles. Lots of good trees there too.
The spring is good for azaleas, camelias etc.
If you are an RHS member, take your card. I card, one free entry. £6
I think it would have been for each of us.
There is a new extended restaurant (which at 5pm yesterday had run out
of water!) and a good shop.

Pam in Bristol