Old 06-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Bob Bauer

Default Clara Thompson

For old members of rgr: Clara Thompson is reported to have died on
August 31st peacefully in her sleep; she was fifty.

I am incredibly sad to hear this news. I considered her to be a great
friend. I even met and hung around with her for a few days in San
Jose, CA 2 years ago. I know there are many, many who feel the same
way I do.

In the late 90's she was THE most prolific poster on this newsgroup.
You can probably search USENET archives and find her messages.

She was incredibly funny and had a positive and light hearted
attitude. Very playful and intelligent. Truly one of the greats.

She always refused to even consider making HelpMeFind a commercial
venture. HelpMeFind is the greatest information resource in the rose
world. Period.

Most of us lost touch with her over a year or so ago when she stopped
having an internet presence. She must have been ill during this
period. I tried to find her through email, but never succeeded.

I'll always cherish her continuous 'devil may care' nature. She was
always kidding around and didn't take anything too seriously. A
great personality, with a wonderful outlook on life.

She loved the rose 'Lilian Austin'. I will plant one for her in my
garden in the spring.

I miss her.

Bob Bauer