Old 06-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Radika

Default New rose fungicide

Daniel Hanna wrote:
I'm excited that myclobutanil is now on sale as a concentrate in
Australia. It's a new systemic, cheaper than triforine (for some reason)
and more concentrated. It's supposed to be very effective on all rose
fungal diseases (black spot, powdery mildew and rust).

Does anyone have experience of this? How well does it really work in
truth?

(Link posted below for those who want more info - no affiliation.)

http://consumer.yates.com.au/YatesKn...letype=KNOWHOW

No experience at all, but I did find this one research paper about
powdery mildew strains isolated from grape vines in Ontario, Canada that
are resistant to Myclobutanil and how to manage such an infection:

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tcjpp/k01-036.html

Here is some information on its itnernational registration for use as a
pesticide - the countries where it is registered and where it is not,
and there appear to be NO countries where it is banned:

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...p?Rec_Id=PC120

--
Radika
California