Old 06-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default New rose fungicide

I'm excited that myclobutanil is now on sale as a concentrate in
Australia. It's a new systemic, cheaper than triforine (for some reason)
and more concentrated. It's supposed to be very effective on all rose
fungal diseases (black spot, powdery mildew and rust).

Does anyone have experience of this? How well does it really work in
truth?

(Link posted below for those who want more info - no affiliation.)

http://consumer.yates.com.au/YatesKn...p?article=706&
articletype=KNOWHOW
Old 06-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Radika

Daniel Hanna wrote:
I'm excited that myclobutanil is now on sale as a concentrate in
Australia. It's a new systemic, cheaper than triforine (for some reason)
and more concentrated. It's supposed to be very effective on all rose
fungal diseases (black spot, powdery mildew and rust).

Does anyone have experience of this? How well does it really work in
truth?

(Link posted below for those who want more info - no affiliation.)

http://consumer.yates.com.au/YatesKn...letype=KNOWHOW

No experience at all, but I did find this one research paper about
powdery mildew strains isolated from grape vines in Ontario, Canada that
are resistant to Myclobutanil and how to manage such an infection:

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tcjpp/k01-036.html

Here is some information on its itnernational registration for use as a
pesticide - the countries where it is registered and where it is not,
and there appear to be NO countries where it is banned:

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...p?Rec_Id=PC120

--
Radika
California

Old 06-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Radika wrote:
No experience at all, but I did find this one research paper about
powdery mildew strains isolated from grape vines in Ontario, Canada
that are resistant to Myclobutanil and how to manage such an
infection:

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tcjpp/k01-036.html

Fascinating.. I wonder if roses can become resistant too. I always
suspected as much of triforine, which is my current mainstay. Well, at
least myclobutanil can be added to my rotating arsenal!

Here is some information on its itnernational registration for use as
a pesticide - the countries where it is registered and where it is
not, and there appear to be NO countries where it is banned:

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...p?Rec_Id=PC120

Thanks for the heads-up on that web site, I'm going to look up
everything I spray there!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:33 AM
Registered User

Location: Sydney

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Hanna
In Radika wrote:
No experience at all, but I did find this one research paper about
powdery mildew strains isolated from grape vines in Ontario, Canada
that are resistant to Myclobutanil and how to manage such an
infection:

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tcjpp/k01-036.html

Fascinating.. I wonder if roses can become resistant too. I always
suspected as much of triforine, which is my current mainstay. Well, at
least myclobutanil can be added to my rotating arsenal!

Here is some information on its itnernational registration for use as
a pesticide - the countries where it is registered and where it is
not, and there appear to be NO countries where it is banned:

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...p?Rec_Id=PC120

Thanks for the heads-up on that web site, I'm going to look up
everything I spray there!
The new Yates Rose Shield is actually a combination of two of their existing products. Baycor and Mavrik. Or at least this is what they are telling us in the nurseries.

Allan

Captan 50% WP fungicide questions - please help Jay von Lehe Orchids 0 16-11-2003 07:12 PM
fungicide Dave and Kim Orchids 2 05-10-2003 11:32 PM
Decree fungicide Anne Lurie Roses 4 30-05-2003 08:33 PM
Listerine for fungicide? JimS. Roses 0 12-03-2003 08:21 AM
Please recommend "good value for money" fungicide, fertilizer and insecticide Thomas Wong Orchids 1 28-02-2003 06:17 PM