Old 06-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Emil

Default I need rose planting ideas.

Hi everybody!

Long time no post, :-) How is everybody doing? I still read the newsgroup
daily, but haven't had time to post.
I am in Zones 9-10,(Southern, CA). There is this part of grass in my
backyard, where the grass won't grow well unless I water with 234234 gallons
of water. :-(
So, time to take the grass out, besides who likes grass?!

The space is 6.5 feet by 16 feet. I need some ideas about how to make the
area look nice. How many roses can I put in that area? Should I use
decorative rock? Should I make a path through the middle, so I can walk
through and prune roses? Should I kill the grass with chemicals, or remove
them without chemicals?
What would YOU do if it was your project?

Here is a pic of looking at the area through the kitchen window:
http://www.dodgetrucks.org/home/emil/Grass%201.JPG

Pic looking at area from yard:
http://www.dodgetrucks.org/home/emil/Grass%202.JPG

General pic: