Old 06-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Default New Thread: Funniest Orchid Stories

I'm not very good at this but here goes:

My orchids sepals are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than it's lips' red:
If snow be white, why then it's petals are dun:
If moss be wires, black wires grow on it's leaves.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in it's staminodium;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my orchid reeks.
I love to see it it bloom, -yet wel I know
That roses hath a far more pleasing look:
I grant I never saw a goddess grow,
My orchid when it grows, treads on the tree;
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

Thanks to W. Shakespeare for these guidelines

The next is made based on a garden magazine:

Do you want to be happy for a few hours?
Drink some wine.
Do you want to be happy for a few weeks?
Buy a pic.
Do you want to be happy for a few years?
Join in a good marriage.
Do you want to be happy your whole life?
Grow orchids

That all for now
Cheers
Peter

"Diana Kulaga" schreef in bericht
link.net...
I need some grins.

Share your silliest orchid story, true or not! I think we should start

with
a repost of Kathy B's "Dark and Stormy Night". How about it Kathy?

Diana