Old 06-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Fragrant Cloud

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.d91143db5061382e58e931410f4d164d@106 5462607.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:

Blue Moon, eh? I'll have to check out your web site for photos of that
one. Sounds like one of those lavender/mauves I love.

Shiva, you're right about the colour but I have only just bought one.
Photos later this month (promise!). I actually ordered Ernest's Blue
bare rooted, but it was an infant mortality. I have however seen Blue
Moon in the flower - lovely big exhibition style blooms on long single
stems. Big rosy fragrance. To tell the truth, snobbishness was the main
reason I've snubbed it in the past - here in Oz you can find this rose
in any supermarket or corner nursery!

Bet DD is similar to Granada since they are related, eh? The fragrance
I get from Fragrant Cloud is a "rosy" one as opposed to the citrusy
scent I get from Mr. Lincoln. DD is another rose that does not appear
due to its colors--I don't know why--but being a fan of fragrance I
need to have it.

Yes, DD's fragrance is spicy, peppery, citrusy - not unlike Mr Lincoln.
The reason I say it's stronger is probably that sharp edge to the scent.
Granada is a parent of Double Delight but DD is stronger by quite a bit.
I find Granada more floriferous though (early days yet).

La P. must be red, no? G I would love to see this one in person.

La Passionata is seriously the best red I grow, Shiva. It should be
more widely grown. I wonder if you can get it in the US at all.