Old 07-10-2003, 03:23 AM
bnd777

Default Neighbour Probs - Gardening Related

"Sad Sid" . wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
Would other readers of this group let the neighbour do what he likes
with the border, or take the the limited action that I have taken to
keep my land mine !

Martin.

The most valuable asset you can have is a friendly neighbour.

My land was separated from my neighbour by an empty (but horribly

overgrown)
plot. He used to keep the hedge between the plot and his garden trimmed

from
both sides - the hedge is his pride and joy.
I bought the overgrown plot (after offering to let him have half - which

he
refused). I cleared it and laid a lawn ,vegetable beds and a small

orchard.
My neighbour continued to trim the hedge from both sides - despite a

polite
request to leave my side to me. It irked me that he walked onto my

property
without asking, but hey! it only happens twice a year.

When the deeds came back from the Land Registry I discovered that the

hedge
is actually mine.
I have not told him. I will not tell him - unless we fall out over

something
else! I have made a point of objecting to his presence on the property

which
is sufficient should a claim be made under the adverse possession law.

I'd rather have peace and quiet than a few feet of ground.

I would be overjoyed if my neighbour cut my side of his nasty hedge